Panda and XLIST ... Anyone have a patch?
Erik Kangas, Ph.D.
2014-05-07 14:06:53 UTC
Hello All,

Has anyone made or seen a patch for Panda that allows it to support
XLIST so that Outlook 2013 can be happy saving sent email to
server-side folders?

http://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/tip-1045-messages/

It seems that XLIST is a non-standard extension added by Google/Apple
... but now its use is the only way that Outlook 2013 will decide to
use a sever-side sent email folder. Ya, we know that OL 2013 is a dog,
but lots of people are still using it...

Thanks for any comments.

Best,

-Erik Kangas, PhD
President/CEO, LuxSci
http://luxsci.com
David B Funk
2014-05-07 17:15:10 UTC
If the server supports RFC-6154 (IMAP LIST Extension for Special-Use Mailboxes
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6154) instead of the non-standard XLIST extension
does that make Outlook 2013 happy?

I'd far rather put effort into implementing something that is a publicly
recognized standard which probably won't change at the whims of Google.